Welcome!

Come in, make yourself comfortable and stay awhile. If you can't stay this time, I hope you will come back. As the name implies, the musings will be about all sorts of subjects, whatever is on my mind at the time that I feel good about sharing. It may be about genealogy, or history, or literature, or even a really good recipe. Maybe I will tell you my own story, with the help of those on whose shoulders I stand, the ones who came before me. So be prepared to be surprised and hopefully, entertained.

I look forward to hearing from you. Your input will ultimately help my output.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Monkey Mind definition

A monkey mind is a Buddhist term meaning "unsettled; restless; capricious; whimsical; fanciful; inconstant; confused; indecisive; uncontrollable"  (source:  Wikipedia).  Elizabeth Gilbert, in "Eat, Pray, Love, describes it as " the thoughts that swing from limb to limb, stopping only to scratch themselves, spit and howl".

2 comments:

  1. COOL! MORE! MORE! KEEP THAT MONKEY MIND WRITING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. COOL! MORE! MORE! KEEP THAT MONKEY MIND WRITING!

    ReplyDelete